Expression Of Interest
Lots 1, 3, 4, 5 TUNBRIDGE TIER ROAD
1,305.96 hectares (3,227.02 acres)
ABSOLUTE LAKE FRONTAGE - 'DOGS HEAD'
Ideally situated along Lake Sorell, Dogs Head offers secluded fishing, hunting, lifestyle or future ecotourism development opportunities. The Property features five (5) freehold titles ideally wedged between the Lake and Tunbridge Tire Road. With an array of natural wonders internal and external to the Property, the eventual buyer has multiple opportunities to develop this secluded property into a world class destination for VIPs, sport fishermen and hunters, or to maintain the property for the vendor's own vision or interest. 11 kilometres (6.89 miles) of private water frontage is just one of the key features to this historic Property. Sitting hidden within the Property is the remnants of Thomas Meaghers cottage - famous Irish political convict exiled to Van Demons Land (now Tasmania) in 1849. The Property features a Private Forestry Overlay allowing continued commercial harvest whilst also featuring approximately 524.88 acres of largely open grassland area (previously used for sheep grazing) but also perfect for the keen weekend hunter.
The key features of the Property are summarised as follows:
- 1,305.96 hectares (3,227.02 acres) including five (5) freehold titles.
- 215.03 hectares (524.88 acres) of predominately clear land, however, entire property suitable for grazing purposes.
- 100.00 hectares (247.10 acres) of maturing 50 year old predominately Eucalyptus delegatensis - a commercial tree that typically grows to a height of 40 - 50 m (130 - 160 ft) now considered ready for commercial thinning (if favoured). Majority of Property zoned Private Forestry Overlay allowing continued forest management for commercial harvest.
- 125 hectares (301.25 acres) of Carbon Forest Reserve.
- Property perfectly positioned between lake and road;
- 11 kilometres of direct water frontage to natural Lake Sorell.
- 7 kilometres of direct road frontage to Tunbridge Tier Road.
- Ecotourism development potential to meet buoyant international tourism market, perhaps a Fishing Lodge overlooking Lake Sorell.
- A good selection of Fauna and Flora exists within the Property.
- Good internal roading infrastructure and new (2016) all steel boundary fencing, including 2 heavy duty boom-gates.
- Historic Cottage Site - the property settled and occupied in 1849 by Thomas Meagher (Exiled Irish political convict, who escaped to the USA and was later to be appointed Montana's Territorial Secretary of State by President Andrew Johnson, serving as acting territorial governor and later to become a General within the Union during the American Civil War 1861 - 1865.
- 2 Cottages exist within the Property, including; a new (2019) 3 Bedroom Cottage, with Water, Electricity, Toilet/Bathroom, Modern Kitchen, Living Area and huge Terrace.
- 3 Private beaches perfect for recreation and relaxation.
- Only 1 hour 10 minutes to Launceston Airport 96.7 kilometres (60 miles) and 1 hour 34 minutes to Hobart Airport 126.8 kilometres (78.78 miles).
- Good Average Annual Rainfall 830mm, Mean Temp - Summer (6c to 17c), Winter (-1c to 5c).